Oh I have to wait a WHOLE YEAR!! Halloween!!

Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Life of a Deer in NJ


One my way home this evening, I passed the body of a deer on the side of the road. It only took me a few seconds to realise that the deer was still alive. Oh!--its holding its head up--if it were stiff--it would be lying flat--and I made the next u-turn and pulled over up ahead of the animal. I didnt get closer than 10 feet away. I called 911 and explained, they sent officers almost immediately. I felt compelled to stay until they arrived. When I heard the sirens the deer dragged itself closer to the grass. Tried to stand. Obviously its rear legs were broken. I kept apologising to the creature for my fellow human who would leave an injured animal on the side of the road and drive away. And I knew that police would have to shoot it. I think the deers eyes will stay in my mind for a long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment